Get back to your Nevada roots!
It's the Nevada Alumni Association's Family Tree Challenge!
How many University of Nevada, Reno alumni make up your family tree? Let us know, and you could all be featured in the next issue of the Silver & Blue!
The challenge is quite simple. But first, here are the rules.
1. To qualify as an "alumni", a family member must be a graduate of the University of Nevada, an alumni non-grad (taken at least one semester of classes at Nevada) or a currently enrolled student.
2. To qualify as a "family member", the alumnus must be a direct descendant or a direct descendant's spouse or step-child. So basically, we'll take parents, cousins, second cousins twice removed, etc.
3. Entries must be legible.
Want to enter your family? Here's how!
1. Make a list of family members, who are also University alumni. See above for our definition of "alumni".
2. Include maiden and married names where needed.
3. Indicate where each alumnus fits into your family tree. If you need to draw branches and leaves to get there, feel free.
4. Include graduation years if you have them. For students and alumni non-grads, indicate date range or semester(s) of attendance.
5. Let us know if your family would be available to have a photo taken on campus. (We understand how families spread, so all family members need not be present for the photo.)
6. Email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (775) 784-4527 or mail it to Nevada Alumni Association Family Tree Challenge, Morrill Hall Alumni Center/164, Reno, NV 89557.
7. Be sure to include your own name and contact information with your entry.
We look forward to hearing from you and your families!